Dennis is a past member of some famous bands including Sly and the Family Stone, The Elvin Bishop Group and The Tokens, famous for "The Lion Sleeps Tonight".
Dennis can include his performance of "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" as an added draw. He is a former member of the band who had that hit. Click here to see other music options and his music history.
Dennis in 1978
"This book not only includes what the 12 step program has to offer, but it takes up where the 12 step program leaves off. It has been a great help to me." Mike Pinera, former lead singer, guitarist and writer for "Blues Image",
"Iron Butterfly" & "Alice Cooper", also very active in AA and CA
You'll be happy you chose Dennis as a speaker because...
His presentations are informative, inspirational and entertaining. "Dennis Marcellino is a superb presenter! He articulated his arguments skillfully and convincingly, coupled with illustrations from his personal life's journey. His powerpoint graphics were well crafted and at a subsequent gathering he demonstrated his enormous musical talent on the saxophone. I would highly recommend Dennis to those desiring a stimulating and entertaining program." Dr. Keith Swenson, Professor of Biology, President,
Design Science Association
He gets very positive responses from audiences and event coordinators. "Dennis Marcellino's performance was fantastic! He engaged the audience in the opening seconds and kept their attention throughout the session. Dennis is a talented storyteller and musician, and he wove these two talents together beautifully and in a unique style. I am exceedingly happy with his presentation, and will invite him to speak at future events and recommend him to others." Wendi Watson, Director of Marketing & Events, Restore America
Plus, Dennis can include music as a celebrity musician! "Dennis Marcellino wowed his audience with some wonderful music, but even more importantly bowled them over with scientific discoveries." Terry Hughes, Event Coordinator
To book Dennis for your event, call 503-650-8840 or
10 Reasons Event Coordinators and Audiences like Dennis' Presentations...
1. Informative and Inspirational Messages Dennis' speeches are motivational and filled with substantial yet easily digestible content. He gives information and tools to help in personal growth. He has topics suitable for a wide variety of events and conferences. Click here for college speech topics.
3. Music Option by a former member of some top name bands: Dennis gets the attention of the audience and draws them in by adding some music to his presentations. One option (that is always a crowd pleaser) is Dennis singing "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" as a former member of The Tokens, the band who had that hit. He sounds just like the original singer and always gets great reviews from the listeners.
4. Event Coordinators find Dennis easy to work with: Dennis is easy to work with. He tailors his speech length and content to a specific group and stays on schedule. He is also flexible and can perform music to suit the event and topic. Click here to see a letter of recommendation.
5. Veteran Entertainer: Dennis has years of experience entertaining crowds from music to speaking. He gets great reviews for his performances. Click here for event reviews.
7. Self-Growth Author: Dennis has written 5 books including Why Are We Here?, Sweeping It Under the Drug and Addiction Free Forever. Click here to see book reviews.
9. Interesting Personal Stories: Dennis includes some pertinent stories from his fascinating personal experiences as a celebrity musician and in depth involvement in 22 approaches to lifestyle and personal growth.
8. Celebrity Musician:Dennis is a former member of some very famous bands including The Tokens, famous for the multi-generational hit "The Lion Sleeps Tonight", Sly and the Family Stone (recently named by MSNBC as one of the top 10 bands of all time), The Elvin Bishop Group and Rubicon (who closed the largest paid-ticket event in history). Click here to see Dennis' music history.
10. International Recording Artist: Dennis has been on many secular and CCM albums but also has some of his own CD's including romantic classics on "Tenderly", an internationally bestselling Jazz CD, feel-good oldies on "Daddy's Home", sax, flute and some vocals on "New Beginning" and "The Spirit of Christmas". ) Click here for CD reviews.
Reviews from Event Coordinators:
"It's amazing what Dennis does with an audience!" Norm Myrh, Sr. Vice President, Fred Meyer Corporation
"I highly recommend Dennis Marcellino as an entertaining and informative speaker. He did a wonderful job. The audience of 1000 responded very well to his passion, humor and music. He also performed a couple of his songs, one before and one after the speech. As a speaker he was easy to work with and very cooperative. He stayed on schedule which is very important. Lynn Hoffman, Conference Director, Tracy, CA
"The Lion Sleeps Tonight really got people geared up hands, bodies, fingers, feet moving to the music. Dennis' message comes from a unique perspective. Thought provoking and well accepted."Larry Everson, Program Coordinator, Bonneville Power Administration (a federal agency)
"I only heard positive comments from those who attended. Everyone is excited about doing something else with you!" Daryl Dixon, Milwaukie, OR
Book Dennis for Your Event! Call 503-650-8840 or
"I found your presentations exactly what I had hoped for. I am always delighted with working with 'artists'. You guys see reality from a wonderfully different vantage point. I am always refreshed and enriched by such things as you presented. I feel there was so much content that it would have made a nice two-credit course in the catalogue."
- Ed Windhaus, Event Coordinator, Swarthmore College